2015 Membership Drive
Arab Voices Needs YOUR Support to Raise
KPFT Houston is currently in Fall Fund
Drive, and Arab Voices needs your support to raise $2,940 during this
drive. Arab Voices started in April 2002 (more than 13 years ago) with
nearly 700 shows produced and as many distinguished guests appearing on
the show from around the globe covering a wide range of topics.
Please call during the show today, Wednesday between 7 and 8 pm central
time and pledge your support (713-526-5738), or send e-mail to
your name and the amount you want to pledge. Your donation qualifies as
a charitable deduction on your federal income tax return because KPFT is
a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
We are offering several "Thank-You Gifts"
during the fund drive:
- $90 "Gaza Unsilenced"
by Refaat Alareer and Laila
El-Haddad, a compilations of essays, articles, photographs,
and poetry reflecting on the 2014 Israeli assault on
- $150 "Understanding ISIS and the New Global War on
Terror: A Primer" book by Phyllis Bennis
- $80 “Before the
Next Bomb Drops: Rising Up from Brooklyn to Palestine”,
collection of poetry by Remi Kanazi
- $50 "The Mass Destruction of Iraq: Why It Is Happening,
and Who Is Responsible” by William Rivers Pitt and Dahr Jamail
(electronic book on Amazon Kindle)
"Palestine 4 Film
- FOUR documentaries (on DVDs)
You get 4 films on the Israel-Palestinian crisis and
history, some of which are multi-part series. The 4
Film Pack includes:
1 - "Al Nakba" (award-winning four-part series)
2 - "The Price of Oslo"
3 - "Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land"
4 - "Occupation 101"
- $150 "Al Nakba" (award-winning four-part series) DVDs
- $85 "The Battle for Justice in Palestine" book by Ali Abunimah
- $250 Edward Said Tribute 6 CD SET
- $180 “The General's Son: Journey of an Israeli in
Palestine” book by Miko Peled
- $200 "Brokers of Deceit: How the U.S. Has Undermined Peace
in the Middle East" book by Rashid Khalidi
- $150 “National Insecurity: The Cost of American
Militarism” book by Melvin Goodman
- $200 “Palestine in Israeli School Books: Ideology and
Propaganda in Education” book by Nurit Peled-Alhanan
- $240 "Dirty Wars" Combo (book and DVD) - documentary film
and hardback book by Jeremy Scahill